Bluetooth motorcycle helmets are great for any biker. Aside from protecting your head from strong impacts, it allows you create a useful wireless network as well. But you should learn a thing or few to have the best Bluetooth helmet today. You can find it here, or read this article for a quick guide in buying and using one.
Buying Tips for Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmets
There are hundreds of Bluetooth motorcycle helmets available today. That’s why you should learn how to pick the right one for you. Here are few notes to remember:
- Never sacrifice the quality of the helmet itself. Buy one that offers superior protection against strong crash, and one that’s comfortable for you to wear. So, consider features such as carbon fiber exterior, well-cushioned interior, adjustable visor and sufficient ventilations.
- Choose between helmets with preinstalled Bluetooth, or a Bluetooth system intended for helmet installation. The first choice is generally more expensive, but is readily usable without installation. On the other hand, the latter requires a bit of handy work, but is more affordable.
- Consider the range of Bluetooth signal. Bluetooth systems can release signals from 33ft up to 2,300ft. Thing is, wider range also means higher price, so be sure to buy what you only need to save cash.
- Consider other helpful features as well, aside from the range of its Bluetooth signal. For example, choose one that has a battery life which lasts up to 12 hours, so you don’t have to worry about it running out of power on a long travel. Microphones, easy control systems and design are other features you should take note.
- Choose between brand new and secondhand Bluetooth motorcycle helmets. Secondhand options are much more affordable. But buying brand new mean enjoying durable products that would last longer. The best brand-new Bluetooth helmets also come with reasonable warranty coverage.
Also, be sure to buy from a reliable source to avoid faulty products. If you don’t know any trusty seller, find it here today.
Notes in Using a Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet
After buying a Bluetooth motorcycle helmets, you should remember few notes to make it function well. Also, you don’t want it to affect the main purpose of your helmet which is keeping your safety while on the road.
- If you’ve bought an installable Bluetooth system, be sure to install it carefully to avoid damaging the helmet. Note that it involves doing some cuts and drilling holes which can harm your helmet, or affects the protection it provides against crash. If you doubt your DIY skills, let an expert do it for you instead of taking a chance.
- Be sure to keep its batteries in check. Avoid draining the device too much, and be sure to recharge it full before a long ride. This would help your Bluetooth helmet last longer.
- Avoid making the Bluetooth connection open for the public. You wouldn’t want a random stranger connecting to your Bluetooth system while on the road. Always turn off the system when not in use too.
- Aside from connecting the Bluetooth helmet to your device, you can connect it with your friends who are riding on their own bikes. This eliminates the need for you to stop to reach for them.
These guides would help you buy the best Bluetooth motorcycle helmet today, while informing you about the basics in using one. But if you’re still not sure which brand to purchase, you can find it here now.