Vaping is usually known for stimulating the experience of smoking without subjecting the user to the exposure of risks associated with smoking. Smoke from vaping is mostly water vapor that has little effect to lungs unlike cigarettes. However, some of the vape companies do use nicotine in their solutions. Vape pen or e-cigarette has gained popularity and are giving a competition to the traditional cigarettes in the market as well. There are certain similarities and differences between smoking and vaping. The following post will give you a glimpse about it.
Similarities between Smoking and Vaping
- Smoking is undoubtedly a bad practice for your health and can cause a lot of problems. Health benefits could only be understood once you quit smoking completely. Vaping might not be as harmful as smoking but it still has certain effects on your health.
- Both smoking and vaping deliver nicotine which can lead to baneful effects for heart.
- Various reports have confirmed that not only smoking can cause cancer or other health issues, but vaping can also lead to seizures and serious lung damage. It was not expected previously that vaping can cause such severe damages to human health.
Differences between Smoking and Vaping
- When a user is smoking a cigarette, then he is inhaling the smoke that is produced by the burning of tobacco. However, vaping means the use of smoke free product which forms a vapor. A vape pen or e-cigarettecan be defined as a vaping tool. These tools allow you to inhale nicotine-contained vapor which would be less harmful than cigarettes.
- Tobacco cigarettes are known for their long term impact upon health. It becomes addictive too which can cause severe hurt disease, stroke, emphysema, cancer, hypertension et cetera. Excessive and frequent use of cigarettes may lead to early death as well. On the other hand, long term impact for vaping is relatively unknown. They are considered to be less harmful and less destructive for human health. Sometimes they do contain nicotine like the traditional cigarettes but since there is no tar or other bypoducts of burning, the former is not as addictive as smoking. The smoke is actually a water vapor and that is why vaping is considered to be safer for long term health than the traditional cigarettes.
- Smoking includes the burning of tobacco that contains thousands of chemicals out of which more than 20 have severe connection with cancerous ailments. These 20 or more chemicals can be referredto as carcinogens. One of the most important carcinogens is nicotine which is an addictive chemical that provides the user a desire to want more. Thus they become addicted to nicotine, not smoking. Apart from this there are others such as, hydrogen cyanide, formaldehyde, lead, arsenic, ammonia, benzene, carbon monoxide, nitrosamines, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. Many of these chemicals can cause severe health conditions which include cancer, lung disease and heart disease. On the other hand, vaping does not require the process of combustion at all. Therefore it leaves out many of the harmful chemicals listed above. Nicotine, propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, acetaldehyde, nitrosamines can be found here. Thus comparing to smoking, studies and reports have suggested that vaping does have a lower level of health risk. However, there are some rare cases of batteries being exploded which shows the malfunction of technology and vulnerability of vaping as well.
Despite all these facts, you take into consideration that both have their own features and can cause health issues.