Embroidery is a technique that is used to imprint anything on the hat or on clothes. Mainly the services are better for caps or hats as it helps in the creation of some unique designs on it. Different kinds of threads are used for the technique like cotton, floss, metallic, etc. In this article, we will be going to discuss about how metallic threads can be used in embroider procedure. Most of the normal threads like cotton, floss can easily get to be used with the hands. There is no machine or any device is required to use these kinds of threads. It is not as same as in metallic one because, in this, you cannot accomplish the success with bare hands. All you need to do is get the best machine for your work. Metallic thread is so hard as compared to the others, and thus it cannot be done without a machine. It is a part of digitizing services but with a little bit of difference. In this, you have to suck out the idea or the plan from the digital form to the physical one.
Some people use metallic threads with the bare hand, which can be harmful or dangerous. Metallic threads are made up of metals, and thus it can hurt you in a very bad way. Your skin can be ruptured easily and which is why machines are there for your help.
Essential things you need to consider for embroidering with metallic threads-
There are lots of things that you should consider if you want to achieve success in embroider done with metallic threads. Before discussing the things, you should know that metallic threads are best as it is so eye-catching. It can easily attract people towards it because of its shiny nature and royal look. The threads can be bought in a little bit of a high price as compared to other threads. These are some of the things you need to take care of-
- Take care of the needle size- It is very important to take care of the needle size because it will be the only thing that will be going to hold the thread. If you are sure about the size, then you can proceed in your step else you should contact the manufacturer. They will assist you in knowing about the size of the needle that you should use. Once the needle is decided, your metallic thread will work as a smooth butter with the flow.
- Make a contrast- If you want your design to look good in metallic threads, then you need to take care of the contrast. Colors are to be set accordingly. If there is a shortage of threads, then you should go for the yellow instead of gold or grey instead of silver. This can be work as a substitute for your threads. Most of the time, people use substitutes because it is hard to find the differences between them.
- The density of threads-At the time of using the metallic threads, you should need to take care of the density. The threads can be available in different weights as it varies from purpose to purpose. If you want to use it for basic purposes, then you should use the less in density threads. Although there are various ways in which you can adjust the density by changing the needle. There is no need to change the needle frequently, but you should when it is required.
- Reduction in stress-You should put pressure, tension, or stress on the needle or on the thread because it can lead you to irregular designing. Always use the machine lightly and carefully so that your thread can work or move on your command. The direction you will be going to give to the thread should be perfect if you want perfection in your design. Most of the people put lots of pressure while using the machine, which them tough to gain perfection, which is why you should take care of the pressure.
- The speed of machine- You should not use the machine at high speed because of the metallic threads. There is a need to slow down the machine so that your threads can work absolutely fine. The metallic threads are heavy in weight, which puts a lot of pressure if used at high speed. This is the only reason that you should use the machine at a slow speed. There are many cons of using the machine at high speed; that is, the machine can heat up a lot. The motor inside it can be burnt down, and ultimately your machine will stop working.
Thus these are the things that you should take care of if you want to perform embroider with metallic threads. It is almost like impossible to work on metallic threads with bare hands, and that is why you should use the machine for your work.
How to buy the best embroider machine?
It is the most vital and challenging task because it is not easy to find the perfect machine for the process. At first, you need to use online services in which you will come to know about various kinds of machines available. The second step that you need to follow is the comparison. In that, you need to compare various machines by which you can come to know about the quality. The needle quality and the speed adjuster in the machine are to be better in terms of quality. These are the essential thing that you need to keep in mind, which will be going to make your work a lot easier. Thus, in this way, you can get the perfect machine for your work on which your metallic thread can be worked smoothly in flow without any interruptions.
In a nutshell, it is concluded that embroider is a very beautiful technique in which various kinds of threads can be used. Metallic thread is in trending for which special machine is required.